Movement notifications stopped working

I’ve had my Video Doorbell 2 installed for 6 days now, all working well until this morning. I’ve not changed any settings but today there are no notifications when anyone approaches the door. The app is showing an event and recording the video but it’s not sending push notifications or making a sound. Same thing on two different devices.

Ok, so just found on the app that the app notifications for motion has changed importance from Urgent to Medium. It’s not something I’ve altered and certainly not overnight. Changed it back to Urgent and it’s started chiming again as people approach.

Where did you find the setting to change from medium to urgent? I’m having the EXACT same problem. I’ve had the doorbell installed for 6 months now and all the sudden it simply stopped sending notifications. I’m suspicious that the latest iOS update might have had something to do with it…

Hi. It’s here on Android, I don’t have an iPhone to compare…

On the ring app, goto the device, goto device settings, App Notification tones, Motion Modifications, Importance. There you can select, sound and pop up, just sound, no sound, or off.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @DarrenAF. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!