Motion settings automatically resets itself

Our hard wired Ring video doorbell resets the motion settings randomly and automatically even twice in one day. We have reset to the factory settings and tried various combinations of motion/zone settings. Nothing has worked. I hate this Ring doorbell’s inconsistency and lack of security it was to afford us.

Hey @bekntexas. The settings you have set on your Doorbell should not automatically be resetting themselves. I’d suggest resetting your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for 30 seconds. Once that’s done, you’ll want to walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the instructions under Set Up a Device. This should resolve your concern and ensure that your settings stay put.

Should this concern persist after completing that step, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Our support team will be able to look more closely at your device and determine what could be causing thisIf you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends if you reach out to them, as it may help other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion is what I had mentioned we have already done several times. It is hard wired, I removed the Ring box to push and reset it then scanned bar code. It opened up my Ring app account where I yet again changed the Motion Wizard Settings. In the past it has worked for awhile then it begins its random resetting.

I will do the waiting again then call the US phone number. Fingers crossed.

A post was split to a new topic: Modes changing by itself

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.