cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Motion/recording for FedEx delivery "missed"

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Motion/recording for FedEx delivery "missed"

I just had 4 large heavy packages delivered to my front door this week.  They could not have been thrown.  Delivery person had to walk  down 100 ft driveway.  One UPS  and 3 FEDEX(Amazon). None were recorded.  All other movement recorded normally on Ring Doorbell 2.  They must be carrying wifi blocking device on person.  Not sure if mailman gets recorded; mailbox is at top of driveway out of view so they don't often come to door.

We should all report this to authorities if this is illegal.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Very poor and inadequate response.  My Ring Doorbell 2 records all other movement.  Why would it only miss fedex and ups deliveries?  This problem needs to be investigated and resolved.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

*Forgive the typos
**wait
**...for whatever reason...”
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi neighbors! This should not be happening, as your motion detection is designed to catch things within your motion zones and range. Many neighbors have reported missing a motion and finding that a recent motion occurred just before the missed motion. If you have motions around the time of a postal delivery, but not during, please check your Motion Frequency option in the Ring app. Check out our help center article for more information on motion frequency. 

Adjust motion settings for optimal detection is always the best first step. Another variable to consider is wifi connection efficient. If there is wifi interference delaying connection, then the reaction or communication of motion can too vary in results. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. 

If you have another Ring device on your property, check to see if this detects motion during deliveries as intended, for comparison with your Doorbell. If you have any stairs leading up to your entry way, check out our Wedge Kits on the accessories page at Ring.com. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Amazon sells wifi jamming devices that can be used to prevent recordings by doorbell. This is a serious issue since criminals could use them too. I am pretty sure fedex and ups drivers use them so we can't record them throwing packages.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is happening too often to be coincidence. PLEASE have techs and supervisors investigate.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This exact thing is happening to me.  Ring camera detects motion fine for anyone else walking up sidewalk.  Works when husband mowing lawn.  I have wide zones set. Turned off the "person detector" to see if it was being "too sensitive" but no.. for the last two months or so.. we get no notification for UPS, Fed Ex or Amazon.   It's been getting really annoying. After resetting so many things on my Ring.. I decided to check here since I just got an Amazon package and no alert.. no video.  I'm sick of this.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

As already noted this is a signal jammer used to jam wifi Fedex, UPS, even USPS will use them, Fedex will use unmarked shipping trucks and when they come to my house, all my wifi ring cams go out but my routed wired security cam still catches him/her stepping out to toss the packages and bolt.
I would report these findings to the companies but all they do is throw the worker under the bus claiming it was them which is pretty scummy but not unexpected with mail companies. 

No real way yet to jam the jammer yet either, you can get detctors which is good just to warn you somthing is up but outside of a hardline security cam you wont be able to stop this.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I found my missing delivery videos for my Ring doorbell. Mine was in "Ring" notifications, not "Motion" notifications. So look under your "Ring" notifications for your missing videos.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

MY 3 RING CAMERAS ARE WIRELESS AND SOLAR POWERED.

AND IVE GOT SAME PROBLEM. THE 3 RING CAMERAS WERE BOUGHT/INSTALLED ABOUT 3O DAYS AGO. ONE OF THEM MISSED (3) HUGE TRASH TRUCKS THAT DROVE UP, PAUSED AND PICKED UP AND DUMPED SIZABLE TRASH CANS THAT WERE PLACED IN VIEW THAT CAMERA.

IM DISAPPOINTED WTH RING BECAUSE I PRETTY MUCH GOT THE CAMERAS TO MONITOR PEOPLE THAT DRIVE AND/OR WALK TO MY HOUSE, STOP AND DO STUFF.

SO FAR RING SUCKS!

RING REALLY NEEDS TO PATCH THIS HORRIBLE GLITCH.