Motion/recording for FedEx delivery "missed"

FedEx delivery is known to toss packages. Mine walks halfway up and tosses the boxes into my porch. I don’t catch him on my Ring but do in my DVR system. The mailman and UPS show on Ring all the time for me…

1 Like

Wow! You know I actually mentioned to my daughter that I wonder if they are just tossing packages. UPS and USPS always ring the doorbell or at least knock when they leave a package. Nothing from FedEx.

1 Like

I have the same problem with UPS. I find it very frustrating and somewhat suspicious. It’s like they are wearing a Harry Potter cloak of invisibility cape when they come to the door. I never get a recorded video of any UPS delivery. Just an email later on saying the package was delivered. It’s very sneaky and I don’t know why! This is not good for UPS because if a package is mis-delivered there’s no video record of them delivering the package to my address ???‍♀️ I have also noticed my wifi will cut out and then come back. I caught a UPS driver coming to the door by luck one day bc there was no notification of movement and I saw my WiFi on my phone was off. Are they jamming the signal to avoid detection? It only happens with UPS.

2 Likes

It’s the opposite with me. It’s been FedEx.

I just had 4 large heavy packages delivered to my front door this week. They could not have been thrown. Delivery person had to walk down 100 ft driveway. One UPS and 3 FEDEX(Amazon). None were recorded. All other movement recorded normally on Ring Doorbell 2. They must be carrying wifi blocking device on person. Not sure if mailman gets recorded; mailbox is at top of driveway out of view so they don’t often come to door.

We should all report this to authorities if this is illegal.

1 Like

Very poor and inadequate response. My Ring Doorbell 2 records all other movement. Why would it only miss fedex and ups deliveries? This problem needs to be investigated and resolved.

3 Likes

*Forgive the typos
**wait
**…for whatever reason…”

Hi neighbors! This should not be happening, as your motion detection is designed to catch things within your motion zones and range. Many neighbors have reported missing a motion and finding that a recent motion occurred just before the missed motion. If you have motions around the time of a postal delivery, but not during, please check your Motion Frequency option in the Ring app. Check out our help center article for more information on motion frequency if you have a battery powered device.

Adjusting motion settings for optimal detection is always the best first step. You can reference our Guide to Optimizing Motion Detection on your Doorbell, which will cover all of the basic settings to review. Another variable to consider is wifi connection efficient. If there is wifi interference delaying connection, then the reaction or communication of motion can too vary in results. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

If you have another Ring device on your property, check to see if this detects motion during deliveries as intended, for comparison with your Doorbell. If this concern persists, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazon sells wifi jamming devices that can be used to prevent recordings by doorbell. This is a serious issue since criminals could use them too. I am pretty sure fedex and ups drivers use them so we can’t record them throwing packages.

2 Likes

This is happening too often to be coincidence. PLEASE have techs and supervisors investigate.

2 Likes

This exact thing is happening to me. Ring camera detects motion fine for anyone else walking up sidewalk. Works when husband mowing lawn. I have wide zones set. Turned off the “person detector” to see if it was being “too sensitive” but no… for the last two months or so… we get no notification for UPS, Fed Ex or Amazon. It’s been getting really annoying. After resetting so many things on my Ring… I decided to check here since I just got an Amazon package and no alert… no video. I’m sick of this.

2 Likes

As already noted this is a signal jammer used to jam wifi Fedex, UPS, even USPS will use them, Fedex will use unmarked shipping trucks and when they come to my house, all my wifi ring cams go out but my routed wired security cam still catches him/her stepping out to toss the packages and bolt.
I would report these findings to the companies but all they do is throw the worker under the bus claiming it was them which is pretty scummy but not unexpected with mail companies.

No real way yet to jam the jammer yet either, you can get detctors which is good just to warn you somthing is up but outside of a hardline security cam you wont be able to stop this.

2 Likes

I found my missing delivery videos for my Ring doorbell. Mine was in “Ring” notifications, not “Motion” notifications. So look under your “Ring” notifications for your missing videos.

MY 3 RING CAMERAS ARE WIRELESS AND SOLAR POWERED.

AND IVE GOT SAME PROBLEM. THE 3 RING CAMERAS WERE BOUGHT/INSTALLED ABOUT 3O DAYS AGO. ONE OF THEM MISSED (3) HUGE TRASH TRUCKS THAT DROVE UP, PAUSED AND PICKED UP AND DUMPED SIZABLE TRASH CANS THAT WERE PLACED IN VIEW THAT CAMERA.

IM DISAPPOINTED WTH RING BECAUSE I PRETTY MUCH GOT THE CAMERAS TO MONITOR PEOPLE THAT DRIVE AND/OR WALK TO MY HOUSE, STOP AND DO STUFF.

SO FAR RING SUCKS!

RING REALLY NEEDS TO PATCH THIS HORRIBLE GLITCH.

Hi!
Yes, I have missed rings in my notification, but those were from people that actually rang the doorbell. My challenge has been deliverers not ringing the doorbell and they’re not being captured on the video. Thanks, though. :slight_smile:

I’ve had ring for over a year. Nothing has changed with my setup. I previously got ring notifications and recordings for USPS, FedEx, UPS and no longer get them. It tracks everyone else. I’m certain when Ring rolled out their ability to detect people, they updated their software to not record those folks. It’s complete garbage. How can I trust this application when they’re controlling what/who is recorded.

I don’t know how Ring could automatically discriminate fedex, ups, usps rings or movement from all other visitors. Something is very wrong and probably illegal. Ring needs to disclose and let customers know exactly what is happening. The Ring security system is being compromised and leaving us all vulnerable.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had filed a complaint with the FCC but so far as I can tell their only action has been to tell me I should file the complaint with the FTC! Response from Ring has only been to blame problem on user setup.

2 Likes

Hey neighbors! Thank you for sharing your experience you have been having with your Doorbell and it’s motion detection. Please reference Marley’s post from page three here, as it explains in detail the different factors that could be affecting the motion detection on your Doorbell. There are several factors to weigh in as to why motion may not be detected, so please ensure you have checked over these first.

In the event you still cannot get your Doorbell to capture certain motion events happening in front of the Doorbell, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and share what you were able to adjust on your settings to get this to function more properly, or what our support team was able to do for you. Your reply may help other neighbors in the thread here!

My system setup has been checked and verified. My Ring Doorbell 2 works perfectly recording all appropriate movement EXCEPT for Fedex and UPS deliveries.
It is very difficult to reach Ring Support by phone, and my hearing disability makes phone conversation almost impossible. Please please forward my posts and others on this thread to support supervisors. This is very important issue and needs to be reolved. All pertinent details are in posts.

They can contact me by email or text.
Thank you, Chelsea.

1 Like

Very odd that Ring has not addressed this issue. This seems to be a reoccurring issue. I have had packages delivered many times over the past 3 months and nothing is picked up on my Ring doorbell 2. It’s like I watched my video over and over one second no box on porch the next bam there it is. It seems to be UPS and FedX but then what else are we missing with this product hmm… I see where some Ring Representatives have chimed in on this thread to push blame to operator error or do this or that. I do believe that Ring needs to step up and get this issue fixed or I see class action lawsuits coming down the road. I do know I purchased my doorbell for safety and to protect from theives. If anyone knows a fix please send info!

4 Likes