Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion/recording for FedEx delivery "missed"

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Motion/recording for FedEx delivery "missed"

New to ring2 doorbell.

A FedEx package was delivered today. There wasn't any motion notification, nor was there a video of the package being delivered. 

There WAS motion detected and recorded when I picked up that same package. What is going on?

I've read that it is possible for deliveries to interefere with the doorbell.

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Motion/recording for FedEx delivery "missed"

I have same problem. I think it has something to do with light sensitivity and heat. motion sensor works by heat.  My videos are washed out with light and I never see delivery until they walk away.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It happened to my doorbell 2 many times.

It also randomly did not detect motion in the evening and at night too (no video captured).

My conclusion is that Doorbell 2 motion detector is unreliable. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello neighbors, have you had a chance to speak with our support team yet regarding this? There are different settings and installation tips that can help you optimize your Doorbell's set up. They would be happy to go through these steps with you Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I've read all of the support responses, tried all of their suggestions - nothing works.  Either I have a defective unit, or the sensor is not very capable.  Am evaluating alternatives.....

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Similar problem, several recordings this am but no recordong or alert for an Amazon delivery. How long does it take for Video Camera 2 to "reset" after a capture? I have no problem with distance, etc. as most motion captures are fine. This was at 10:46am so no issue with light, etc.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Follwup, I am going to mount an Arlo camera for backup to my Ring Doorbell.

New Neighbor

Same problem.  Packages delivered but no video.  Passing cars 30 feet away activate the Ring Doorbell2 camera, but Fedex and Amazon delivery drivers never show up.  People that walk slowly show up when three to four feet from camera.  very puzzling.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same problem with my floodlight cam! It consistently misses UPS and Fedex trucks. It picks up cars going up and down my driveway, animals, or even spiders, but somehow it misses these trucks more often than it sees them. I have my driveway completely covered in the motion area so I don’t know how it is missing them. Almost seems like it specifically ignores these large vehicles. Color me highly NOT impressed with the performance of this camera.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just started having this problem in the couple of months? Was there an update pushed? I'm missing things on multiple cameras as I have two that cover the front of my house (doorbell and camera) and both miss some events (yesterday's confirmed UPS delivery as an example). I also have the motion sensing lights coming on when it's dark out but without anything getting recorded. This entire set up is pretty worthless to me if it doesn't record properly...

To be clear, this seemed to be working properly for over a year? a year? before it started missing motion events recently... about the time the home/away/disarmed stuff was added is when this seemed to start happening?