Motion not consistent

Hi

Could someone advise please?

We can walk out of the house or drive off the drive and not be picked up by the Ring, then when we return it is picked up and vice versa.

It seems to pick up every car/van thats goes past but not people all the time.

Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue.

Hey neighbors! Could you please let me know what kind of Doorbell you have and what you have your Motion Settings set as? :slight_smile:

I am having the same issues as others in the community. The mailman can stand in front of the ring doorbell 2 and no notifications. Someone walks past the house and it goes off. Or I leave the house and no notifications, but when I return it does. I am set on motion wizard, 5-15 feet from the street. Motion zones are set as well as motion verification. The motion frequency is on light. When on standard, it goes off too much.

Having same issue. Even if you put your hand infront of it, mostly it will not detect it. Setting is 5-15 feet, standard. Tried doing hard reset, doing the set up 3x but still the same. Is they a way ring will have it check themselves or swap like for like that works perfectly fine?

Hi @Pastoral. Having your Motion Frequency on Light will limit a lot of the motion captured if there are events that are recently recorded in your history. The reason for this is because when there is a motion event, and you are on the Light settings, the camera will “snooze” for 2 minutes before capturing motion again. If there is a motion event after 2 minute, it will record that event, but then snooze for 10 minutes. If there is still another event right after this 10 minutes, the 3rd snooze is for 30 minutes. Then, if there is an event after 30 minutes, it resets back to 2 minutes. This can cause you to miss some events in between. I know you said you have too many events on Standard, but you may need to change some motion sensitivity settings to allow this snooze to not prolong the time inbetween. You can always contact our support team and they can help more in-depth with this.

@Engr_pang Similar to the point in this previous comment to the other neighbor, when on Standard, the snooze is 1 minute after the 1st motion event, then 5 minutes, and then 15 minutes. This could also be why you are having this concern, so you may want to change it to Frequent. All neighbors home are different, so there is no go-to setting that is the best. I do recommend however having this on Frequent if you feel you miss notifications and events, as there is no snooze feature when on Frequent.

Neighbors, I recommend checking out our Help Center Article here which talks more into Motion Frequency. Feel free to share any changes you made that seem to help. If you need more in-depth help or still have concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.