Motion does not work

Hello, was wondering if someone could help me here. I have a Video doorbell which I have set up. Most of the features work regarding the door bell and live feed. What does not work is the motion. I’ve tried new placements,wedges, on and off, everything and I can not get the motion to work. Is there anything I could have missed or is it just a faulty product?

Hey there, @Needhelpwiththisorgo! Upon completing a successful setup, there may be an update, in which motion may not activate until it is complete. During this time, the Ring app should take you through your motion settings to enable detection. As long as you’ve activated zones, sensitivity, and explored other motion options, there should be an event related to motion detection. The best place to check is in your event history, for a motion event.

If there is not an event in your history for motion, no motion notifications, and your Doorbell is online and works for live view, please try resetting your Video Doorbell. This can be done by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. After completing the reset and reconnecting your Video Doorbell, motion should start to work as intended. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thank you for replying.

So I did the reset and still the same issue.Is there a software update I’m suppose to specifically look for ?

To add to the frustration now it wont connect to the wifi after set up again.

As of this moment, got it to connect to the wifi again. Now there is a blue circle that has been up there for almost 10 minutes and says “” Updating firmware make take 5 minutes “” Hopefully when this blue circle goes away I can Update and say it works! Til then keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Thank you for the updates on this! Glad to see the most recent behavior is related to reconnection and update. For the best results, this update is best completed with the Doorbell near the router. Once the update completes, your motion detection should work as intended.

If it does not, our support team will be happy to take a more in-depth look at this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Did not work and Got sent a replacement for that not to work either…