Motion detection recording started too late

We have a ring doorbell that is hardwired on our front porch. It has started completely missing the motion but the time it starts recording. For example, deliveries…we will get a notification of an event and when you watch it, it starts with a package being on my porch. There is no video of the person who left it which is of course the only reason for a ring camera. I’m not even getting the deliver vehicle coming in or leaving. We do have a deep porch but not that deep. Any ideas? This is the original ring doorbell…do the newer ones offer anymore functionality for motion settings? This just has the slide from min to max.

1 Like

Hey @Shanjone. If you get the Doorbell Pro or the Elite, they do over a more reliable and customizable motion detection, but require more wiring normally if this is something your setup can handle. Although, for the device, I’m happy to troubleshoot with you to see more on if we can address this for you! Could you let me know what your Live View looks like, what your Min-Max slider is at, and what your Motion Frequency is set to? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the same problem; recording starts after the event, far too late. Please post likely problems/solutions, or tell us how to get support. Is community the only channel?

Hey @BeRightThere, happy to step in for Chelsea here. The Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum where neighbors can help each other out with common concerns. If you’d like, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to work directly with you to troubleshoot your device and find a solution for your concern. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. And the chat support is not working :frowning:

I have the same problem. Today my Ring 3 notification went off and when I looked at it a man was setting a package down by my front door. He got up, turned around and walked off. My motion detector is set so he should have been recorded from the time he stopped his vehicle directly in front of my home and with him walking to/from my house to his van.

This started happening about a month ago. Prior to then, the Ring 3 doorbell usually started recording as the person was walking up to the door.
Can anyone help?