Motion Zone is a black box

@kamiri wrote:

I tried to setup motion zone and I dragged the box in the area I wanted and expanded it to the appropriate size and now I have a black box that shows up in live view as well and cannot see anything. I went to the Motion Zones and the previous zone I had setup was there and I could select it but this crazy black box is there and I cannot get rid of it!

Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas as to how I can get rid of this black box?

Thank you.

Hello @kamiri ,

That “crazy black box” is actually a “Privacy Zone” used typically to restrict your video of your neighbors ‘sensitive areas’ like their bedroom home windows. You can add or remove several of these black Privacy Zones. Privacy Zones are different from the Motion Zones.

To remove a Privacy Zone:

• Select Menu (the 3 horizontal-line icon, upper-left-corner) > Devices > select your camera > Devices Settings (the Gear icon) > Privacy Settings > Privacy Zone > Edit Privacy Zones > tap on the Black box (sizing dots should appear at the box corners) > tap the Trash Can Icon (upper-right-corner) > Delete Privacy Zone > tap the “X” (upper-left-corner).

To add a Privacy Zone:

• Select Menu (the 3 horizontal-line icon, upper-left-corner) > Devices > select your camera > Devices Settings (the Gear icon) > Privacy Settings > Privacy Zone > Add Privacy Zones (or “Edit” if you already have a Zone) > tap on the “+” icon (upper-right-corner) and a Privacy Zone should appear, then ‘size’ and move the zone to the area you wish to block > tap Done > tap the “X” (upper-left-corner).

For more information on Privacy Zones:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027979331-Understanding-Privacy-Zones

I hope this information is helpful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes