Motion Alerts will not turn on

Hi
Suddenly I can’t turn motion alerts on in the app. When I do, it just turns off again after 1 sec. I have no other issues. Both live view and doorbell alerts work fine. The motion detection/alerts has also worked before. I have recently recharged the battery.
I have tried to log out of the app, and turn off my iPhone. I have also tried to delete the app and install it again.
We have other users of the doorbell (2) and they have the same problem.
What do I do to get motion detection/alerts to work again.
Best
Luthor

1 Like

Hi.
I have the same problem. Hope for a quick fix

I cannot get motion detection to work on my Ring 2 doorbell. I have the alerts turned on, sensitivity set to maximum but no motion detection.

1 Like

I have the same problem as the original poster. My 1st generation Ring has always worked before, now it won’t detect motion and the Motion Alerts button will not stay toggled on although the other alerts work. Reinstalling the app and doing a reset made no difference.

WOW-OVER SIX MONTHS, AND NO SOLUTION!! I just encountered this same issue with my brand new Doorbell (Gen 2). It is becoming apparent that Ring does not have a very good software development team. I am real close to returning this. It’s a shame too, because it seems like a good device. But. I wont put up with the frustrations of a poorly designed app.

Hey neighbors. If you’re still having this concern and have been unable to get your motion alerts to turn back on, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Well, after over 1 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support. We found that logging out of the app, then logging back in allowed me to turn on the alerts. A bit of a PITA, but it’ll do as a workaround for now. Hopefully RING can get this fixed.

2 Likes

Hi.
I just waited and suddenly it worked again . I tried the login out of my app, but it didn’t work for me.

I had the same issue for months. Logging out and logging back into the app fixed it for me.

I’m having the same issue “Motion Alert” virtual button slider literally moves back to off position 1 second after I move it to the ON position.

Logging out of app and logging back in seems to have resolved it temporarily. I’m testing it next few days. It would be unacceptable to have to log in and out each day.

1 Like

Logging out and logging back in helped my case as I got the issue just today (Jan 8th 2021). The issue was with my spotlight camera (battery).

1 Like

I have 2 Ring devices. One of them kept turning off the Motion Alert. Kept sliding over to off every time I turned it on. Had to uninstall the app and then reinstall. Fortunately all the settings and motion zones stayed the same.

This worked for me as well. Thank you.

This is happening to me now (December 2021), logout and login, no change, uninstall app and reinstall, no change…

1 Like

Interesting, when I log in via the web site I cannot even see the doorbell camera under devices, but it shows on the android app…

I’m having the same thing happening on my Ring Doorbell. " Logout and login, no change, uninstall app and reinstall, no change…"