Lowe's Selling Pre-Registered Ring 2 Doorbell Systems.

Lowe’s sold us a used Ring 2 Doorbell system today, and I find that extremely disturbing and appalling. Now, I see how these devices get patched into by individual’s unknown to the current owner’s. The previous register’s have ALL the power to tap into your system and look into your homes etc… This, is a problem that needs to be corrected immediately, as every second of the day, somewhere a Ring owner is prey for a pervert or worse. If anyone else has come across this issue, please share it. I find this totally unacceptable.

1 Like

You should post this in Facebook. I can’t believe Ring sells used doorbells. This is very dangerous. Anyone could take control at any time. Imagine these perverts watching you while you going about your day. Thanks for bringing this to the publics attention!

Hi @Dawson9557. What seems to be going on here?

I’m just now seeing your post, as I’m back to having connection issues. This is what I posted.

Lowe’s Selling Pre-Registered Ring 2 Doorbell Systems.

Lowe’s sold us a used Ring 2 Doorbell system today, and I find that extremely disturbing and appalling. Now, I see how these devices get patched into by individual’s unknown to the current owner’s. The previous register’s have ALL the power to tap into your system and look into your homes etc… This, is a problem that needs to be corrected immediately, as every second of the day, somewhere a Ring owner is prey for a pervert or worse. If anyone else has come across this issue, please share it. I find this totally unacceptable.

You do understand that the purchaser of a used device that’s still locked to the original person can in no way add it to their account due to Ring’s protection of your devices on your account. So if Lowes sells used devices, it’s Lowes that is responsible for that sale. Ring doesn’t sell used devices at stores. They sell refurbished units and they are marked as such and won’t be tied to an old account.

So, there’s no safety issue at all really. It won’t work unless the original owner allows Ring to remove it from their account and if they don’t respond that unit can never be used by anyone else.

1 Like