Loud Static constant on live view

Hi All,

I am new here and I have just fitted my new Video Doorbell Pro. I actually used the plug in adapter as means of permanently providing mains power to the unit rather than fiddling with changing transformers etc.

I have noticed now that on the Live view if I turn the mic on I get constant static or wind noise and wondered if this is normal or if not what do I do to try to remove it as it is very unpleasant.

I also have noticed that my partners IOS iPhone 11 mobile works better than my android with this system in that it has a quicker response time and the picture is less blocky and more accurate than my Android Samsung S20Pro

Any tips would be gratefully received, sorry if they have been posted before but I did not find the answers.

Hi @JonLeda! Audio concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As you mentioned seeing a different experience on IOS, Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled, and check for any android apps that might conflict with the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems to of settled. I think the app seems to favour Apple but that’s another story now. I was going to upgrade but now they ship without chargers and headphones I would be stuck as I am only Samsung…I have sorted the static, not sure how. I believe the other sound is actually the wind, they should have some sort of muffler as I have with my TomTom Bandit, another great recording item…