Lost power, doorbell now wont show video

Hi all, I’m new here. I’ve had the ring doorbell pro’s on my front and side doors for 4 or 5 months probably. Yesterday morning we lost power for 15 minutes.

Since power was restored, the front doorbell wont show video. It always shows as offline. The doorbell does still ring, so it has power. This doorbell is wired in. I’ve restarted the wifi a few times. I took the case off and held the ornage button for 20 seconds for a hard restart. Nothing is working.

The side door doorbell works still.

Could the power going off and on of fried my doorbell? I’m starting to think I need to buy a new one.

Hey @Soha11. Do you have the Pro Power Kit installed? If you had your power go out and didn’t have this installed, it may have caused damage to the Doorbell. If you have this installed and the device is still offline, there may have been a surge in the power that could be causing the device to not come back online. Have you tried to manually reconnect it through the Device Health section? If you have done this and it’s to no avail, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this concern.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

So I had the same issue. You need to go to devices => choose the device => device settings => general settings => remove this Device => from here you will have two choices; Remove Device or Reconnect device. I chose reconnect device and follows the prompts from there and was back in business.

Hope this helps!

1 Like