Live view not working, Doorbell inoperative

Hello, I’ve had our ring doorbell about 6 weeks. At the start it was brilliant, but now, I’m close to binning it. Issue I have is that I lose the live view and the door bell will not work. Most of the time, this seems to fix itself after a couple of hours, which isn’t ideal, but at least it works, but the doorbell stopped working yesterday evening and I cannot get it to work. I’ve tried re-booting my router which is about 4/5 feet away from the video doorbell device. Our internet is working fine. I have used the Ring app to check my settings and they look OK. (Signal Strength “RSSI-55”). The device itself is periodically flashing a blue light. Any ideas greatfully received - I feel now that this spends more time not working than working and for the money spent, I don’t feel satisfied. Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear about this, @GRE. The best next step here will be to bring the Video Doorbell inside near the router, and place it on the charger to charge. Although you mentioned everything looking ok in the Ring app, this is a great way to provide optimal resources for testing. The blue light flashing after a disconnection is often a sign of reconnection attempts to your network.

If this concern persists after charging and attempting to connect right near the router, try a reset on the Video Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: