Live video won’t connect

I have tried disconnecting the WiFi, resetting the device, charging the battery, the WiFi is good. What else could it be???

I have also been experiencing this. It’s the connection through their server that causes it. It’s getting tiresome. It starts the record, but won’t load on my devices to view. I can, however, see the recording after

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same problem for a month now. It also won’t record movement. Although I still get the notifications.

1 Like

I have same problem, no live view and no history recording! It’s been one months. I factory reset the doorbell, worked but now same problem!!!

My live video won’t connect and it records but when I play back it’s a black screen, I have charged and checked RSSI and they are all good. Any ideas or help would be great? Thanks in advance.

I just put up two stick up cams and neither would show a live view. Finally (and I had to do this on other things on my phone app), I went to the lines for settings, choose, account. Deactive the “Event history timeline”. When I did that I could see my live. Then I could even turn it back on and still see my live, but I just prefer things in the event history list. Not sure if that is any help, but thought I’d share. My phone is older, a Galaxy S7. When it worked on my computer and not my phone, I figured it was in the app. If something isn’t working, maybe find it in settings, turn it off or deactive it, then back on. It was something I had a to a few places to get it to work in my app on my phone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi neighbors! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As it looks like many of you have checked your wifi network, removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

I recommend also trying the Rapid Ring app which is designed for quick live view connection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: