Live View not working

My live view used to work flawlessly. For about the last month not working at all.

Now it just says sending request sending credentials etc etc, then it just has a message we’re having trouble connecting to your door bell. If I click on more info I get no help, if I click on OK and then go to event history I can see the live stream.

I have tried every help thing they show but nothing works. Oh it might work once but then I try it again and it just does the same thing.

I just to get a live person when I called Ring, not anymore

Can someone at Ring provide any further information about all the recent problems with the Ring Doorbell?

Hey neighbors! If you’re having troubles with your Live View activating, I recommend checking out our Community post here. In the event you cannot resolve your concerns with the recommended troubleshooting from the post, we urge you to reach out to our support team directly. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.