“Live View“ Not Saved To Cloud! (Snapshot Bug?)

I don’t know if this has to do with the most recent update but I just “Live Viewed” a motion notification from my Ring Doorbell that turned out to be a stray cat on my front porch. A few minutes later I went out to the front porch to see if the cat was still there, which it was not. — I went back to review the video of the cat and only the clip where I went to the front porch was saved to the cloud. The initial clip that I “Live Viewed” was nowhere to be seen!

Had this been an intruder breaking into my house rather than a stray cat, I would have no evidence to share with others or the police.

This is a major FAIL!!!

***Note to Support***

About one week ago I turned on the new “Snapshot Capture” feature to record a snapshot at one minute intervals. I suspect there could be a bug introduced with this feature that may cause a “Live View” to not be saved on the cloud.

Hi @JohnLobban, have you reached out to our support team about this? If you can,please give them a call whenever you have a moment so they can do some more in-depth troubleshooting with you. Having all recordings, no matter the event, is critical, so they will be able to look into this further for you and escalate if need be. Let us know how it goes!