Line Power not working

I connected the device v1 to electricity. I tested the posts on the plate and I am getting 120 volts but the device is still running on the battery. What am I missing?

Hey @1ronb. When you have the Doorbell hooked up to this wiring and hardwired, does it show as hardwired in the Ring app? You can confirm this by going into the Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health and instead of battery, it should say hardwired. If you do not see this, you will need to ensure the wiring is correct and coming from a supported power source, like a compatible chime kit or transformer with a resistor. I recommend fully charging up the Doorbell before hooking it up as well, as the hardwiring is to help give a trickle charge to help increase the time in between charges, but you will still need to occasionally need to take the device down to charge it back to full.

If you see the Doorbell is showing as hardwired but you still see a rapid discharge to your device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.