It’s mine and can’t reset it I need to be owner

My ex set it up who is now two states away, so basically I’m stuck with her watching my doorbell for me and I can’t see anything since there is no way to reset the owner someone please help I have the one that’s on WiFi the ring doorbell2 don’t ever let this happen to you it’s impossible to actually contact ring buy a different companies cam doorbell

Sorry to hear about this @Djlewis5555! The ownership of a Ring device can be changed as long as the previously declared owner authorizes the release of authorization. Once you attempt a new setup of this device in your Ring app, the previous owner will receive an email asking them to allow the change of ownership. Check out our Change of Ownership process for more information. If you’ve attempted this process and have not regained ownership, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.