Issues with purchased new Video Doorbell 2 - video and outside chime

I just recently purchased a ring video doorbell 2 and after completing setup I wanted to run a few tests before permanently mounting it outside. When I press the doorbell button it does not light up, there is no sound and video does not connect. Granted this was straight out of the box with batterly level at 33%.

My ISP connection speed is 1gb fiber and I’m running a Netgear Orbi wireless mesh system throughout my house with 2 satellites and 1 base station. Internal wifi speeds are between 800-900 Mbs.

The doorbell health check and speed tests show strong signal and excellent speed, but for some reason I still experience the above issues.

Hey @c414gr! Upon completing your first setup, there may be a period of time where the device is updating or saving your motion settings. By now, of course, your Doorbell should be functional.

I recommend also charging your battery to 100% for an optimal first-time use, setup, and configuration. If you are still experiencing these concerns please power cycle the Doorbell 2 by removing the battery and reinserting it. Let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I’ve tried what you suggested all to no avail. I called in to support and followed their instructions with no success either. After a bit more research I’ve discovered that there are compatibility issues with the Orbi mesh system and u til those get figured out and are stable the Ring doorbell 2 is not an option for me. I have no doubt that it’s a great product but until Netgear and Ring can figure out their compatibility issues I’ve decided to try out other competing products.