Internal bell not working after Ring 2 install

I’ve just installed a Ring 2 doorbell for my father in law.

The battery was fully charged and the Ring doorbell is working fine.

Unfortunately the mechanical internal chime is no longer ringing.

Then I touch the 2 wires together, it works fine.

As soon as I connect the wires to the Ring doorbell and press the button, the internal bell no longer chimes.

When I installed the same doorbell at my own property I did not have this problem.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi @MisterH. I would make sure that you have mechanical chime kit selected in your Ring App. This can be done by selecting- Menu > Devices > (Ring Device) > Device Settings > General Settings > Internal Doorbell Settings. If you have Mechanical Chime selected, we’ll need to check and make sure your transformer is adequate. Once you locate your doorbell transformer, take a picture of the voltage rating and post it here so the community can take a look and see if it will work with your setup. You can also attach a photo of your chime kit so we can look that over as well!

I have the same problem. I went through all your procedures until I got to “General Settings”. I don’t have the option of “Internal Doorbell Settings”

Hi @MarkJM. I’m happy to step in for Tom here and see how I can help. Which model of Doorbell do you have? If you’re not sure which one you have, you can find this information on the back of the Doorbell itself, on the original packaging, or on the Device Health screen in the Ring App.