Install Ring 2 where Ring 1 was

Has anyone replaced their ring 1 with a ring 2? Do the connections fall at about the same place? I am on the fence over whether to replace my ring 1 battery or just stick up a ring 2.

Total newbie, so forgive me if it’s a tired old topic.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Sbrentcolby, thank you for visiting our Community to connect with your fellow neighbors! You may notice I moved this post over to the Video Doorbell board as this would be a better spot to get the best insights regarding Doorbells specifically.

To confirm are you referring to the screws lining up at the same location for both devices when installing?

1 Like

Hi,

I’m not the original poster of this thread, but I have the same question. I’m wondering if the screws for installing a Ring 2 will line up in the same location as those for my current Ring 1.

Thanks!

1 Like

@metromonkey wrote:

Hi,

I’m not the original poster of this thread, but I have the same question. I’m wondering if the screws for installing a Ring 2 will line up in the same location as those for my current Ring 1.

Thanks!

In the Doorbell 2 box, there is an adapter plate for those how had the first doorbell.

Box Includes

Ring Video Doorbell 2

Quick Release Battery Pack

Satin Nickel and Venetian Faceplates

Adapter Plate

Wedge and Corner Install Kits

Installation Tools and Screws

USB Charging Cable

User Manual

Security Sticker

Here is the link on using it. https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003016106-Using-the-Adapter-Plate-Included-with-your-Ring-Video-Doorbell-2

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Perfect—exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks!

2 Likes