In home chime rings constantly

My Ring doorbell (1st model) continuously rings the chime when I connect the wires to the device. I don’t know if there’s too much power being sent to the Ring or how to fix this and troubleshooting at Ring is awful. Anyone know how to fix this?

I have a PRO and have the same problem. It looks like everything is wired the way it should be, but somehow it continues to be triggered. I took the diode out from the front doorbell (since our chime is digital) and that made the chime stop, but now the bell doesn’t ring. I’m lost.

Hey neighbors! The best first step here is to check out our Chime Compatibility List to see if your chime kit will work for the Doorbell you have. If your chime shows as compatible, please double check the wiring as well as use or need for a diode per the installation manual.

Depending on Doorbell model, there is also an option in the Ring app for chime type selection. This can be changed by visiting your Doorbell page in the Ring app, selecting device settings, and then selecting chime settings. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: