Im so confused with the Ring Pro

I have a ring pro, and would like to bypass the chime. I tested the transformer, and got a measurement of 16 volts. I originally had 1 button, yet theres 3 wires at the chime. I tested 2 of the wires and get 16 volts. I pushed in those 2 wires into the ring bypass module, and still get no voltage at the button wires. i then disconnected the module, connected the transformer wire at the chime with the front door wire, and get 5 volts at the button. I then see I burnt out the transformer, because now im not getting any voltage from the transformer. How can I get this to work?

Hey @johnny5126. It would be best to contact a license electrician who can take a better look at your setup to ensure that it is ideal. If you need additional guidance before calling an electrician, you can contact our support team about this concern as well. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @johnny5126. It would be best to contact a license electrician who can take a better look at your setup to ensure that it is ideal. If you need additional guidance before calling an electrician, you can contact our support team about this concern as well. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

No thanks. If I have to pay an electrician for a $300 visit, ill just return this item.