I just want to see who's at my door

I recently installed the Ring2 Doorbell. I’ve messed with this thing all day trying to get it to do one simple thing. I can’t use motion alerts since it floods our phones all day with alert sounds as we go through our front door ourselves. I simply want to get an alert when the doorbell rings and immediately see the picture. I can’t find any setup for this simple task. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Hey @jghere! Once your Video Doorbell 2 is setup in your Ring app, “motion” and “ring” events should alert you. Please ensure the “motion” and “ring” alerts toggles are “on” by checking your Video Doorbell 2 page in the Ring app.

Upon receiving an event notification, tapping the notification banner will take you to the Ring app, and should also answer the event live. If this is not happening, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

What does “answer the event live” mean? Is that the picture of who’s at the door? Can I set it up that when the doorbell rings the picture automatically shows on my phone? It would be nice to have this happen on my computer, as I am at it often. But the two step authorization CAN NOT BE TURNED OFF, even though I went through the process to turn it off. and that makes seeing anyone at my door too late. Why would you defeat your own functionality with that annoying and useless extra step?

1 Like

To get back to this thread, I received SIX emails with codes and messages. I just want to read my post. I don’t need the internet police to do that. Make it go away NOW.

1 Like

Same. Same. And same. I’ve replaced our previous ring doorbell because it would no longer charge. I’ve set this up the same, now get flooded w 2 step codes that don’t last 10 minutes. I just want to see who is at the door. I loathe troubleshooting.

Hey neighbors! If you’re experiencing any difficulty in receiving the two-step verification codes upon signing into your Ring account, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They can help get you successfully signed in. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

What kind of ignortant reply was that??? I can’t believe this place. I’ve been wanting to DISABLE the two factor authorization, and you’re telling me what to do if I have problems using it. Yes, the problem is that IT WON’T GO AWAY. Please READ what I’ve been writing.

Wow, you’ve been complaining since February. It’s not going away anytime soon. So why bother calling people names? Does it make you feel better about yourself? They already said they’d let their team know. Not much more they can do. Security is an issue and it’s going to happen everywhere on every device. Most have no issue using it. I get a text popup. Tap it and paste into my browser. 3 seconds most. And that’s to post here. My app stays logged in without any need of logging in later. Have a wonderful day and a happy year!