I have a subscription it works, I don't have a subscription it does not work

First month subscription without problems.
Then without subscription, problem with connection (reconnect).
After a while, I bought a subscription and everything works again.
Now I have no aoonament and connection problems.
Coincidence? I do not think so.

1 Like

This is my first month out of the free trial video history included- now we only use real time viewing. I have repeatedly called ring support. They have repeatedly had me uninstall and reinstall their apps - which results in a one time success for immediate access to the camera on my ring doorbell 3.

After the tech hung up I could not connect again. It was a waste of time to talk to them. Once a Ring tech told me to install Rapid Ring- same result. It worked while the tech was on the phone with me.

Now we just rely on the ring device to alert us to motion. It might be the wind on the flag, a truck going by, or a real person delivering something. It might even be a friend trying to call us to the door.

But we never get to talk to them or see it. Sometimes we connect in time to see their car or truck drive away. At least it’s more information than a simple doorbell.

We have good wi-fi: 75. And great zones. A lower sensitivity. None of these is our “issue.” So there is no scientific reason that this doorbell 3 does not work except with the help of their paid service. We live at home and have no use for recordings.

Immediate real time connection is the reason we bought the machine and that is being denied. Some factor is hidden. I wish I could buy a subscription to instant connect, without buying all the rest of their services!

The camera does not work if you don’t have the subscription, buy Arlo.

Hi neighbors! When it comes to video connection, it is important to consider wifi and mobile connection variables. Narrowing this down can be quick and easy with just a few steps. Give our Rapid Ring app a try, if you are not already using it, as it is designed for the quickest access to live view, which is most important when not you are subscribed to a Protect Plan subscription. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled. It’s always good to confirm your device health RSSI is sufficient as reflected in this Community post .

In addition to the above, I recommend also disabling Advanced Motion Detection settings such People Only Mode, or even setting all your settings to default. If live view works with the most default settings, feel free to enable your desired settings and ensure the Ring app is performing as intended with each, on your mobile device.

If your concern is persisting despite trying the above suggestions, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’ve had the same issue since day one. I don’t need or want a subscription, but I do want to see who’s at the door when it detects motion or someone rings the bell. The live view almost NEVER comes up when I get an alert, but in the app it appears it’s processing the video that it shouldn’t be recording. If I go back to the device page, the view shown is a few seconds old, even though I was never able to see the live view. I’ve tried the Rapid Ring app, and it’s marginally better - but still almost never gives me a live view immediately after a notification. So of course I can never see a person when they’re at the door, or talk to them. Very disappointing!! Is this a protection racket - worthless unless you pay for a subscription??

1 Like

It’s same for me . Called customer support and wasn’t any help. Now I am thinking maybe getting subscription will help