Humming noise on new video doorbell pro

I recently installed my new video doorbell pro a few days ago and I noticed that when I go into live view it makes a constant humming transformer kind of noise. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey @Kammino. Just to be sure, did you install the Pro Power Kit with this Doorbell Pro setup? Does this happen in recordings that are for non-Live View events?

Exactly same issue I have. Can hear the humming noise through live view. Using transformer provided by ring and power pro kit installed… made no difference at all.

Also in the recordings.

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @Kammino. Just to be sure, did you install the Pro Power Kit with this Doorbell Pro setup? Does this happen in recordings that are for non-Live View events?

by the way… did some additional research and the provided transformer (24v) is also buzzing physically. Other than that, its also deliverying 30-31V rather the 24V appointed. Which makes me thing the transformer is deffective.

Hey @wgentine. For this concern, would you mind contacting our support team directly? Since it involves the wiring on your Doorbell Pro and the transformer, it’s best to speak with our support team so they can help you check everything out to make sure it’s set up appropriately, and troubleshoot from there. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I also noticed when I put a voltmeter on my transformer output that I was getting 32V.

this was a brand new unit last Friday, which has just been replaced as it disconnected and could not be resurrected. I’ve not measured the voltage on the replacement.