How to uninstall defective peephole cam to install replacement.

I have a defective peephole Cam and requested a new replacement which just came a short while ago. I just realized that there will be new codes involved to install my replacement peephole but don’t know what I should do to delete the codes from my defective cam which I will be returning. Should I delete the entire Ring app and try to start over or will I just be making a bigger mess of things by doing that. Help please, I really don’t know what to do about this. I may be making something more out of it than it is but I don’t know what I don’t know, if that makes sense.

Hey @Spirit, I’m happy to offer some help here! You’ll keep the same Ring App and Ring account that you already have when you set up your replacement Peephole Cam. All you’ll need to do is remove the original from the Ring App. You can do this by following the steps listed below.

1. Open the Ring App and tap the 3 blue lines in the top left to open the Main Menu.
  2. Tap on Devices and select your Peephole Cam.
  3. Tap Device Settings and choose General Settings.
  4. Tap Remove This Device at the bottom of the list.

Once the original Peephole Cam is removed, you’re free to follow the steps under Set Up a Device to set up the replacement in the Ring App. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer. It worked perfectly. I was overthinking this by quite a lot and got kind of panicked when I couldn’t find the answer anywhere. Again thank you

2 Likes