How to move my video files around to AWS S3?

I’m looking to move my video files to my own folders for my own storage and analysis purposes. Does anyone know how to automatically feed my ring video footage into my own s3 bucket?

1 Like

Hi @kevincafaro. While I am not aware of any way to automatically have your Ring videos be fed into an internal storage, I just wanted to comment on an alternative method in the meanwhile. For this method, you can go to our website Ring.com, and save your videos from there directly onto your computer where this storage is. This will ensure you are backing up all of your videos for your convenience, or you can cherry pick which ones you would like backed up. Consider this also a bump up to the top for your thread so other neighbors that may know of a way to do this can see! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hi Chelsea,

we are not necessarily talking about backups. I am considering scenario for building automatic recognition system, where real-time integration with cloud providers would be a requirement.

Thanks,

Dima

1 Like

Any update on this? Direct integration to S3 or AWS Lambda functions? What APIs are available?

1 Like

Hey, neighbors! This is currently not a feature. We are always working to bring more to our neighbors. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Posted!

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Auto-export-of-video-files-to-AWS/idi-p/69657#M3948

1 Like