cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Change Your Ring Chime or Chime Pro Tone

Highlighted
Community Moderator

How to: Change Your Ring Chime or Chime Pro Tone

Have you ever changed your Chime Tone? During most of the year, I enjoy my Chime to be set on the Ring Default Chime Tone. However, during certain times of the year, such as Halloween, I enjoy shaking things up a bit with the festive tones that are available. Learn how to change the Chime Tone on your Chime or Chime Pro below.

1. Open the Ring app and tap the three bars in the top left corner to open the main menu.
  2. Select “Devices.”
  3. Select the Chime or Chime Pro on your account.
  4. Select “Audio Settings.”
  5. Select “Chime Tones.”
  6. Look through the list of tones and select your preferred tone.
  7. Tap “Save Changes” wait a moment for the update to finalize.

You're all set! Test and enjoy your new tone when you get an alert. Be on the lookout for special tones during the holiday season. Let us know your favorite or a tone you'd like to see in the future!

6 REPLIES 6
New Neighbor III

Re: How to: Change Your Ring Chime or Chime Pro Tone

All well and good, but what we need is a better variety of tones.  For an electronic device with programmed tones the selection is pretty weak, IMHO.

New Neighbor

When I make the changes to my chime pro they won’t save. I get an oops error after a few seconds.
Community Manager

Hey @Chrisnori ! It sounds like there may be something interrupting the Chime from updating this change. You'll notice, upon tapping "save",  the app will notify that the Chime is updating these changes.  If it appears to load and "times out" or does not save, the signal might not be strong enough in that area, or something could be blocking it. I recommend plugging this Chime in closer to your wifi router and trying again. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app is always a good step, if this concern persists. Let me know if this works! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

I can not get past the wifi set up screen.  

New Neighbor

Reinstalling worked. When I went to change the chime, the changes I had made were there already. Thanks.
Community Manager

Hi @PipersMom ! Give our 24/7 support team a call for further assistance. Thanks!