cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Ring 2 video to automatically show on Echo Show 8

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: How do I get Ring 2 video to automatically show on Echo Show 8

Thanks for you information. I am in Panama Country and we have the same issue we hope Ring and Echo Team can work and fix that. We want to make Real Smart Home Automation.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Can someone from Ring respond here? This is a basic functionality issue. Even if it is Amazon's to fix, we'd all really appreciate it if Ring would show some acknowledgement and possibly engage with Amazon to make the products better.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

If you do a search, you will find Rings response in more than one thread. It doesn't work like stated and their looking into it .
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

I have an echo show 8 and thought it would show automactically but soon realised it doesnt and suppose its work in progress..... but there are work arounds as i am sure yall might have read on here and i tend to not rely on the echo and have a android tablet automactically show me, its set on the rapid ring app notification and the load time it quick i would say approx 3sec to load live view automactically.

So until there is a offical feature for this from Amazon/RING this method fulfills this need for me atleast Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I really wish I could return my two.
Really wish I purchased google nest and hub.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I agree.. it's annoying actual echo show reviewers don't call out Amazon on this
Only when it affects Ring and Echo sales will they release a simple update
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Workaround using Echo Dot with Echo Show works perfectly with only a 8 second delay from motion detection to camera view! Switched wake up name on Dot so both units don't respond for other inquires. Wish the function was integrated within the Show, but I had a Dot I rarely used in a spare room & this gets the job done. Thanks for the solution!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Woohooooooooo
We have this feature now.
Thank You Ring.com.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

That is great news. Is there documentation/videos anywhere on how to do this? 

Been waiting for a while. Would be great improvement.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Now that the auto display works for Echo Show devices, it be great to have the option to auto display for motion detection too. 

/* */