Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Ring 2 video to automatically show on Echo Show 8

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

How do I get Ring 2 video to automatically show on Echo Show 8

I bought an Amazon Echo Show 8 thinking that it would be able to automatically display the front door when someone presses the door or when it is activated my motion. Their is too much lag in asking the Amazon Echo 8 to  show the front door, then waiting for the Echo 8 to connect to RING.COM  and displaying the video on the screen - kind of makes me regret purchasing the two devices. I have a meshed WiFi system with cable internet service of 326Mps / 17Mpbs and its just sluggish.

When someone presses my doorbell I want to the image to automatically show up on the Amazon Echo 8 immediately with in 2 seconds of the button being pressed. I am sure you can atleast show me who is at the front door while the video is being loaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: How do I get Ring 2 video to automatically show on Echo Show 8

Just wanted to confirmed what Joachim mentioned. 

No additional devices needed. I have video automatically loading on 4 x Echo Show 5 and 1 x Echo Show 8 simultaneously.

Make sure all devices have the latest firmware, including the latest apps on your phone. I relinked my Ring to my Amazon account and they all worked. Not sure if there may be other steps some users need, but this worked for me. I really appreaciate the button on the ring (muted microphone) which allows you to press the screenon the Echo Show to start the conversation.

Next request - a button which allows you to unlock / open your gate on the same screen and this would be PERFECT.

Thanks again Amazon / Ring for bringing the first feature.

Bob

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I need to do this too. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Highlighted
Neighbor II

It's been asked for. You can't do it. You have to answer. Hopefully they will give us the option.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I asked the same question and kept being pushed to the rapid ring app on my phone as the solution.

THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION.

When the doorbell is pressed, the echo show should immediately show who is at the front door without the need for voice commands. It is a basic feature found in many systems. Not sure why amazon / ring are so slow to adopt this.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

How stupid is it that an Echo Show does not automatically show Ring video when activated by motion or ring? I mean, not only does Amazon own both, but they're also peddling a Smart Plug to turn your home into a "Smart" home. Seriously? Ring can't even turn on Echo Show!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is indeed urgently needed...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Maybe if enough of us comment about the lack of support, Amazon will respond.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It would really be helpful if there was an option in Alexa or the ring app to open video feed when the camera turns on. Very simple task to add on. And would be very helpful
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I cant even get ring to display on my echo show 8.  It says waiting for ring.com  and never connnects

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This might be an indicator for an instable wifi connection to the doorbell or your echo show.

Does the video start if you try it via the ring app?