How do I get Ring 2 video to automatically show on Echo Show 8

Hi Bo,

Great out of the box thinking to try and make up for a poorly designed integration.

I tried your method and it worked but the initial 5 to 6 second lag in displaying the video in general was already unacceptable then adding in the 2nd Echo unit…well you might as well walk up and open the front door to see who it is.

Manual Method - Telling Alexa to Show Front Door:

1st Trial - 6.87 secs,

2nd Trial - 5.89 secs,

3rd Trial - 6.77 secs

Bo’s Method - Using 2 Echos to Show Front Door:

1st Trial - 17.57 secs

2nd Trial - 16.96 secs

3rd Trial - 16.54 secs.

MESSAGE FOR RING GUYS - Many users purchase these Amazon products with expectations that they would seamlessly integrate with each other.

The MAIN Issues:

-Unacceptable initial 6 second delay in showing the front door when asked.

-Having to manually beg Alexa to show the front door to display on the Echo Show 8.

I have mesh WiFi system with 330Mbps download/ 17Mbps upload and a latency of 10ms - my RING 2 has an RSSI of 40 on the 2.4GHz network connecting to the primary node which means it goes straight out to you guys from my router. I am paying for your yearly service and I find the lag unacceptable. When the doorbell is pressed you should be able to immediately shortcircuit from the RING2 to my ECHO SHOW 8 to bypass the initial delay in viewing who is at the front door. I like some of your features but everyone in this doorbell space can do those things too. I have had your system for 2 years now and I feel that I might have backed the wrong horse in the Front Door Camera race and I should have gone with team “Search Engine.” Thanks for reading my rant - I am hoping you will start to listen what your current customers want from your products.

14 Likes