How can you change networks at current address for Ring 2

I have two networks.
I want to change my Ring 2 from one network to the other.

How do I do this?

Hi @s9pphire, thank you from coming to the Community with your question! You can change the Wi-Fi network your device is connect to in the “Device Health” section of your Ring app. Please let us know how that works for your needs!

2 Likes

Yes, you have solved my issue. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thank you–worked great!

1 Like

this did not work for me.

it showed the network but i ciuld not make any changes.

Perhaps I’m a bit dense, but it shows NETWORK NAME but not how to CHANGE IT. I installed a network extender to improve the signal but need to change network name. How?
Thanks,
Greg

Greg did your questions about changing Wi-fi network get answered ?

Hey neighbors! If you’re needing to change the network that your Ring is connected to, you’ll want to do this under the Device Health screen in the Ring App. Open the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > your Ring > Device Health > Change Wi-Fi Network. This option will be listed directly under where it shows the current Network Name.

Should you run into any difficulties getting the network changed over, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to work with you directly step-by-step to get the network changed. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Just a bit of advice. If you’re changing a router or whatever. The best way to not have to go through resetting every device is to just change the SSID and password to the same as the old router. Everything will connect as if the power was off and reconnect.
Adding an extender you’d need to change everything though.
Just something that can save lots of time if you replace a router or such.
HTH

2 Likes