Horizontal white lines in video

My night recordings and live shots show white horizontal lines. Activity can be seen between them, but not discernable. The lines appear to be there during daylight recordings, but don’t cause interference. Any ideas?

Hey @Jbl735. Could you share us a screenshot or video example of this so we can see what you’re seeing? In addition, let me know what kind of Doorbell you have!

Here are two examples. Day and night.

1 Like

It’s this type.

@Jbl735 Thank you for those pictures! Could you remove the doorbell from your account, reset it by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds, and then re-set up the device on your account? Once set up and all good, please go to the Live View and let me know if the white lines are still present!

Hi Chelsea,
Well we had improvement, though not perfect for about a week. But it’s back.

Any other ideas?
Thanks,
JB

@Jbl735 Thanks for letting me know, and my apologises that this has since returned! At this point, could you reach out to our support team for this concern? Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I’m having this exact same problem along with false motion detection. It only occurs at night. During the day the picture is perfect. I’ve attached a picture.

I’m having the same issue with my ring doorbell 2… I’ve not even had it long. I’ll create a support ticket

I am having the exact same issue and have the same Ring device. With Live view after a bit of the white lines the screen then goes completely black. My Ring is less than 2 years old and I pay the annual fee. I’m extremely disappointed. This is obviously an issue Ring needs to address as multiple people on multiple threads reported the same issues since June of this year!

Did Ring ever resolve the issue for you?

Same issue. I was hoping it was resolved. :frowning:

My night video is a complete mess - it has horizontal white lines throughout the recording. People cannot be seen. I have the ring doorbell over 12months and this issue has only manifested in the last 2 months or so.

This interferance does not happen during the day - the video recording is perfect in day light

Can anyone rectify this?

It is not a wifi signal strength

example attached

Hey there, neighbors! White lines or static image should not happen, especially to this extent. Often times, video concerns like this can be related to wifi signal and can be resolved through improving connection. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As most of you have already checked your wifi variables, the next best step here will be to reset your Ring device. Please hold the setup button for 20 seconds to perform a reset on your Video Doorbell.

If these concerns persist, despite trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This has also happened to our ring, it’s intermittent but only ever happens in the dark. Only started a view months ago seemingly at the same time it started for everyone else as well

Happening here as well. Been happening for a while have reset 2 or 3 times and it goes OK for a short while then returns. This time it is making the camera un-usable

Hi

My Ring Video 2 is doing the same thing, was fine for a couple of years and now has the vertical lines only at night and sound is poor on 2 way communication.

Wi-Fi signal is fine and have tried the re-set several times.

Will not be paying the subscription anymore if the device doesn’t even work and will be looking for a more rebuts and cheaper camera. Very disappointed with Ring and not being able to email my technical difficulties in a private email.

Please can someone from Ring get in touch with me?

Regards

Been happening for a couple months now, having no issues during the day but during the night it has this weird static and doesn’t detect any motion when it’s happening.