cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal white lines in video

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Horizontal white lines in video

Did Ring ever resolve the issue for you?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Horizontal white lines in video

Same issue. I was hoping it was resolved. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Night Video Horizontal White Lines

My night video is a complete mess - it has horizontal white lines throughout the recording. People cannot be seen. I have the ring doorbell over 12months and this issue has only manifested in the last 2 months or so.

This interferance does not happen during the day - the video recording is perfect in day light

Can anyone rectify this?

It is not a wifi signal strength

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Night Video Horizontal White Lines

example attached

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Night Video Horizontal White Lines

Hey there, neighbors! White lines or static image should not happen, especially to this extent. Often times, video concerns like this can be related to wifi signal and can be resolved through improving connection. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As most of you have already checked your wifi variables, the next best step here will be to reset your Ring device. Please hold the setup button for 20 seconds to perform a reset on your Video Doorbell. 

If these concerns persist, despite trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.