Help no orange button

Instructions say to push orange button to begin and I have no orange button to push

Hi @Beckynewport. What device do you have? If you could take a picture of the front and back, we can help point you to where this button is! :slight_smile:

I have the same issues. Video Doorbell Generation 2. Were you given a fix?

@Beckynewport wrote:
Instructions say to push orange button to begin and I have no orange button to push

Hey @Andy7. The button you’re looking for should be on the back of the device. If you’re unable to find this button still, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I called a live person and was told that on my Generation 2 doorbell, the back comes off, then will find the orange button. It worked.

3 Likes

How does one remove the back to expose the orange button?

There is no orange button, camera or live veiw does not work. Get alerts but no video. i guess ill take the whole thing apart with an eye glass screwdriver to take off the back cover with mac id, sku and serial number. if its not there this thing goes back for a refund in peices.

No Live support, no return of email request for help. should have listen to the reveiws online and my neighbors this is junk

Hello @Kurtus ,

As for the infamous “Orange Reset Button”, first let me clear up something. Each Ring Video Doorbell model and camera is slightly different with their “reset button.” And to add to the confusion, several people get the various models incorrectly mixed up, or refer to them incorrectly. The two most mixed up Video Doorbell models are:

• Ring Video Doorbell 2 : Older model. Uses the “Quick Release Battery Pack.” And is now being replaced with the newer “Ring Video Doorbell 3” and “3 Plus.”

• Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation): Also known as the “2nd Gen” or as the “2020 Release” ) which is the newer Video Doorbell that replaced the original 1st Generation Ring Doorbell. It does Not use the “Quick Release Battery Pack” but instead has a non-removable built-in internal battery.

These are very different doorbell models! It is understandable that people can mix up the names of these two models, because both have the number “2” in their names. It’s just too many “2” two’s too!

** "A picture is worth a thousand words”**

Well, instead of a picture, here are video links which should clear up the color, location, and how to access your Reset Button:

• Ring Video Doorbell 2 : The reset button is a Black square button , upper-left-corner under the cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhk3cxHCVro

• Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen): Although it is an “Install Video”, you can see the reset round Orange button on the rear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWEjCc7FzKk

I hope this clears up the understandable mix up and shows you the color and location of your reset button! ?

FYI @Beckynewport , @Andy7 , @Sandy_W , @scrambledegg , @fullerdc10

2 Likes

Did you figure out how to take the back plate off ?
I am struggling to figure this out !

@Cindy_og wrote:

Did you figure out how to take the back plate off ?
I am struggling to figure this out !

I understand your struggle. :slight_smile: The directions enclosed were for a different model.
To ME, it didn’t look like the back should come off. However, there is a little insertion dohickey on the bottom. I put the tip of a small flat screw driver in there and twisted lightly. The back then popped right off, and exposed the magic orange button.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bought at Home Depot 10-21-2020. Ring Video Doorbell.

When you open the box the Front of the Ring has the camera and the black round botton.

The back look like solid with two screws showing. The black retangular with round magnet is only a cover. Take a fine flat screwdriver and pry the cover gently from the middle and it will loosen up the sides and ‘wala’ the Orange Botton is on site.

I cannot locate an orange button on my doorbell.

Hi neighbors. Here is a short YouTube video that shows exactly how to take off the mounting bracket to reveal the orange setup button. Your setup button may be on the front, side, or back of your Video Doorbell, usually behind the faceplate. As an example, this Help Center article shows the Video Doorbell (2020 Release) having an orange button on the back, while other Video Doorbell models might have a black button on the side or front. I hope this information helps!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Orange Button

I have the 2nd Gen Ring Doorbell and I also don’t have an orange button. Help please.

Hi there, @KG123! Your setup button may be on the front of your Video Doorbell under the faceplate. As shown in this help center article, the Video Doorbell (2020 Release) has an orange button on the back. Here is our help center article about setting up the Video Doorbell 2, which you will notice does not have an orange setup button, but rather a black button on the front of the Video Doorbell, underneath the faceplate. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: