Help I've changed my wifi network

I’ve just got a new router with a new netwrok name & password and now my Ring doorbell can’t see it and I can’t find a way to enter a new network. I’ve tried the reconnect to wifi option but it wont connect to the Ring network - any ideas anybody?

Hey @digidiverdeb. Are you having issues connecting to the Ring AP, or your home wifi network, after you’ve connected to the Ring AP?

I am having a similar issue… just recently switched routers but password remained the same, only network name changed but Ring refuses to connect, going on about a week now. Someone please advise, thanks!

1 Like

Hey @RP1969. Are you unable to connect to the Ring AP during the setup, or are you unable to connect to your wifi network (after connecting to the Ring AP)? For immediate assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for your prompt response. It cannot connect to wifi

@RP1969 Since it is a new router that you have the Ring device will not connect to it, you may need to check yourports and protocols to ensure that they are adjusted to allow the Ring devices to connect. Let me know if this helps!

I’m very tech challenged… how do I go about that? And thanks for your continued support!

@RP1969 Of course! Always happy to help. :smiley_cat: I will admit that I wouldn’t be able to do this myself without the help of my ISP to make these changes. I recommend giving them a call (like I have myself) and asking them to adjust the settings on your router according to the information in the article! They should be either able to make the changes for you or show you how to!

1 Like

Thank you soooo much…I will do that… you’ve been a great help!!!

1 Like

@RP1969 Anytime! Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Thank you!!!@

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. Re-connect is the only option not change. Is it because I have an iPhone 11?

I am disabled and cannot physically reset each device; can I change something in the app or oinline to change to my new household network?

Hey @Saints, happy to step in for Chelsea here. There is no way to change the wifi network on your Ring devices without putting them into setup mode, which does require that the respective setup button be pressed. In this case, I’d recommend asking for assistance from a friend or family member to get everything swapped over to the correct network.

The simplest way to solve this issue is to just change the new router’s SSID to the same as the old one. Make sure you use the same password as well. If you do this all your smart devices will reconnect without any issues.
I have about 60 devices in my house. Light bulbs, Ring, Alexa, Google and so on.
I switched my router because the old one needed to be replaced. I setup my new one with the same SSID and password. I didn’t have to reset one device. I hope this helps.

2 Likes