Hardwired Ringdoor bell fails to charge

I have a Ring doorbell 2. It has been working flawlessly for 18 months. About 4 weeks ago it started to rapidly drain the battery. I verified the hardwire power was working. It tests fine with a volt meter and has power. I placed a fresh 100% charged battery in and the system did a firm ware update. Now it is dead in 18-24 hours. I have good power.

To be safe I connected it to my solar panel charger for my stick up camera and placed in ful sun. It still died in 24 hours. Mind you this is the same charger that has powered my stick up camera for months with no issues. During that same 24 hour period the stick up camera has no noticable loss with no charibg and the door bell died. They share the same motion settings, have similar field of view and share the same wifi.

Ihave tried waiting on hold for support for hours and finally got a live person to get discinnected in the first 2 minutes. Super frustrated I cannot get help for this device.

I have tried reset, deleting and readding, and since I have mutiple devices I know these batteries are good.

Hi @seamuskrat. Thank you for taking the time to share details on exactly what you’re experiencing as well as what you’ve tried so far and how that’s worked for you. In these situations, I do typically recommend performing a reset and new setup as the battery should not be draining that quickly. Since you have already tried that, I do recommend reaching out to our support team so they can take a closer look at the device and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps for this concern.

You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. I have noticed that the call volume is typically lower in the mornings, so you may want to try reaching out then if possible. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends, as it may help other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile: