cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

New Neighbor

Re: Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Thank you again. Just wanted to ensure it was the latest as I read there is a security issue with these doorbells if the firmware wasn't updated.
New Neighbor

I had the same problem.  I did an online chat with Ring and they forced a reset and now my firmware says Up to Date. The current version is now 2.1.00044

New Neighbor III

All of mine now say "up To Date"    -   So, I guess I am OK

Community Manager

Learn more about your device's Firmware, here.  Please be patient if your device state's a number - it will update automatically Smiley Happy 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
New Neighbor

Hi, how long does it take to get the new firmware? I'm still at 1.16.00263.

I have motion detections and live views every day, when check, the date of the healthcheck changes but the firmware version doesnt nor is the doorbell in update mode.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm not sure how long it took to update. I was checking it frequently for about 2 weeks and then stopped checking. I checked again a few weeks later and it finally showed "up to date".

Anonymous
Not applicable

They simply will not and will never admit they have a design problem. They are well trained to blame it on your equipment.  Ring customer service reminds me of the old Bell Telephone service . Unscrew the mouth piece, blow into it, bang the hand piece on a table, hold it in the air and dance in a circle. Ok sir, does it work now? At least after makig you dance like an indian (american indian) they would allow you to trade it for a new one free.

New Neighbor

Since yesterday it changed to version 'up to date'. Luckily I didnt have to dance in circles Smiley Happy 

New Neighbor

I have 2 Video Pro Doorbells at the same home.

1 was showing Up to Date until yesterday but is now showing version 2.1.01005

My other one which I am having issues with the Snapshot Capture Function is still showing 1.16.00272

New Neighbor

I am now showing 2.1.01005.