cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

When I check the Firmware Version in Device Health, it shows Version 1.16.00263 instead of "Up to Date" as it should.

That is suppossed to mean the Firmware needs to be updated.

How do I update that outdated Version of the Firmware?

85 REPLIES 85
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

I am having the same issue. I did an online chat with Ring support. They remotely rebooted the device and that did not fix it. They suggested reinstalling the app. Nothing. They said that I have the latest firmware version and it shouldn't be a problem. I told them that I was concerned that it wouldn't recognize a future update and they said it would be okay. It shows the same thing with the Windows 10 app. I have two Spotlight Cams and they both report "up to date".  Not impressed. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

If Ring would spend the same effort they spend on "making excuses" on actually solving problems, we would definitely have fewer of those problems.

New Neighbor III

I / We definitely need to have a way to determine (at a glance) whether or not the Firmware is OR is not up to date.

What Firmware Version did you have that Ring said WAS up to date?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Highlighted
New Neighbor III

THANKS - That is the version I also have.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello.  I just read this message thread after having the same problem with the same device showing the same version of firmware.  Since your last post, were you ever able to get the doorbell to show Up to Date or does it still show version 1.16.00263?   I wonder if that is still the latest version and how we'll know if there is an updated firmware version since our doorbells aren't showing Up to Date. Thanks.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine now shows the version. Let's hope it is the latest.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks. Is that version 1.16.00263?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes