Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Does Ring actually state the current firmware version anywhere? Seems like a smart, useful, pretty common sense and standard thing for a software company to do, but I can’t find it anywhere. I have one spotlight camera “Up To Date” and a Ring Doorbell Pro that previously worked just fine but is now having issues, which is on 2.1.01005. So I have NO clue what firmware my spotlight camera is on, and NO clue what version my doorbell SHOULD be on. Seems pretty rediculous to me, and such an easy fix… publish current firmware version numbers and display what the “Up To Date” firmware version is along side the “Up To Date” status. You’d think they’d have this easy stuff figured out by now…

on 3rd ring pro, same firmware, never shows up to date , and no snapshot capture,hard reset several times deleted app re installed bla bla bla numorous phone calls, suppose to hear from there advanced tech team not gonna pay for any monitering if it dont work getting frustrated

That doesn’t sound promising as they’re sending me a new one now. But they didn’t ship me the new one until I replaced my transformer,because they thought is was a power issue , which was actually difficult due to it being in the attic. It was already a 16v 30 va but it’s never been changed & it is old. But no luck, disabled my wifi mesh system,because they said it wouldn’t work on my system,however my back door ring works fine & my pro just won’t update but technically “works”

I’m very happy to say that I just received my replacement ring pro for the one stuck on firmware 1.16.00272. I installed my new pro & added it in the app. It started on firmware 1.16.00267, the 1st thing it did was update the firmware !!

1 Like

So how did you force the firmware update ? And numerous calls no reply from there advanced team still no firmware update and no snapshot I’m done I think and gonna order a nest

Didn’t have to have it forced, after it powered up & I added it to the app, it automatically did the firmware update successfully on it own

I just received my 2nd doorbell from ring and I hooked it up and after getting it reconised from my phone through setup it had same version so I was like crap! so I hit the button on the side of the oorbell to put in back in setup mode and it said it was installing a update and so I was like omg! im sorry and was like ill wait!..lol!.. then 10 or 15min later I hit the button again and it went through setup again and after I was done I checked and all behold it says UP TO DATE!.. can I say Pass Out Now!..:laughing::laughing::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::laughing::laughing:

Still nothing but a tech telling me there still working on issue no timeframe to get fixed

speedydog5
New Neighbor

‎01-28-2020 06:01 AM

Re: Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Still nothing but a tech telling me there still working on issue no timeframe to get fixed

Dude! you need a new doorbell module! I don’t know if there feeding you bull crap or what but it works! I will vouch for you if I have too to get you help!

I don’t know if you can PM me on here or not but other wise hit me up and label the subject Ring DoorBell and Ill know who you are and we can work somthig out to get you going.

I will attach a pic of what your stuff should show…, I don’t think I have a before pic but I ordered my first doorbell unit from Ring and it would never update but as soon as I connected the new one to my roughter it was installing the newest version and now says up to date!

Ring Firmware Update.png

i still have nothing except they tell me its been flagged for there advanced tech and they have no idea when the fix will come wont send me another unit cause i,m on my third ive told them other people had fixed with a new doorbell totally un acceptable

I was stuck on firmware 1.16.00272 & going thru the forums & on the internet I found that many people were stuck on the same as well. I did everything they asked,new transformer & shut down my wifi mesh system because they said that was the problem…it didnt work.
Ring sent me a new pro that started on firmware 1.16.00267. Upon powering it up with my wifi mesh system in full operation, the new pro updated right away & is working perfectly.
I think the 1.16.00272 firmware has caused the problems & essentially locked the devices with it.

well it seems every unit i had 1.16.00272 firmware, i,m guessing my first unit didnt and i,m gonna try and get a 4th unit sent out

well 4th unit sent out and still 1.16.00272 firmware with no up to date or change and no snapshot totally disappointed in ring

When I installed my Pro it took about 4 weeks before it updated. I checked almost every few days. But 9ne day it was up to date. You might want to give it a few weeks.

One of the times I talked with a ring support person about my stuck pro ,I told them if they would just monitor these posts they could easily see that the 1.16.00272 firmware is the problem. Something tells me they have so many devices with this bad firmware they dont know what to do. I just did what they asked so they would send me a new one.(installed new transformer & disabled my mesh router system)nothing changed, I knew it wasn’t the problem before I did it,I have another ring doorbell out back working perfect. I prayed the next one wasn’t on the same firmware & thank goodness it wasn’t .So just after setting it up, it automatically updated from I think it was firmware 1.16.00267 that it started at out of the box. The ring support team is nice to talk with,no negatives to them. This is just a firmware problem that seemingly might not be fixable if it’s on the device but who knows.

My 3rd door bell was installed over 3 weeks and nothing changed and now this 4th one same friggin firmware and the snapshot is what I want the most I don’t know what else to do every support agent gave me different answered from they don’t know when it will be fixed bit then read on here people had there’s updating

After weeks of seeing “Up to date” in Device Health (in the Ring app) today I got something different for both my Ring Chime and the Ring Doorbell Pro (installed Dec 31, 2019). The Chime now reports firmware 1.1.27 and the Ring Pro reports 2.2.00097. This “change” seems to have happened either Monday or Tuesday as I’m pretty certain that Sunday was still showing “Up to date”.

Other than this change I don’t see anything different and everything that used to work (which is really everything) still works fine for me.

One of two video doorbell pros I installed back on 2/20/2020 were stuck on that fw that was not updating right away (1.16.00272). One chat with support and two calls to support I was told that they had put my device mac address on the list to be addressed. I’m happy to report that 15 days later it is showing Up to Date and my snapshots are now working. So don’t lose hope like I almost did. As others have been saying they will update eventually as long as support has gotten your device tagged on the master ticket they have for devices that need to have firmware update issue resolved. Good luck!

I recently encountered a problem which tells me that sometimes the wrong software is updating your camera. Difficult to tell them there is a problem because they refuse, as amazon does to give a reference id for the call for help. In other words you called them for nothing.
Personally i do have many, so I remove the device and use another one, i then recreate the device as if just received it.
But now i will try arlo as i am now fed up in battling with their customer support.
In previous years i managed to contact their programmer so for a little while things were better but going back to battle again as said fed up.

Version is just text
Problem is that amazon staff are not technical and have access to the server