For charging the battery (Ring doorbell 2), would a 2.4A usb charger make a difference over the 2.1?

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003012526-Charging-the-Battery-on-Your-Ring-Video-Doorbell-2

“Your Ring Video Doorbell will take around five hours to fully charge when connected to a 2.1-amp charger (usually marked 2.1a) and around ten hours when connected to a 1-amp charger (usually marked 1.0a).”

2.1Amp 5hrs

1Amp 10hrs

2.4Amps?

Would that do anything (charge slightly quicker)?

If not, would it possibly damage the battery?

I am asking because I would like to make a decision on whether to purchase a 3rd-party 2.1 or 2.4Amp charger for my doorbell.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

Any news on this question please?

For charging the battery (Ring doorbell 2), would a 2.4A usb charger possibly damage the battery?

Thanks.

Glad you asked @Pabtz! We recommend using the included orange usb cable to charge your battery powered Ring devices. If you do not have one of these, they are available on our accessories page.

If you are looking for additional battery charging options, your Video Doorbell 2 can also use existing wiring, with the proper power supply, to receive an additional charge. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

I do have the orange cable (in fact I have 5 of them hehe), but my question is if I can use a USB charger with 2.4A.

I have checked all recomendations and all mention to use a USB charger with 1.0A or 2.1A, so I would like to know if it is OK to use 2.4A. Just to check it is not too much and can damage the battery.

Thanks.

1 Like

By looking at most of the genaric replies from Ring…I’ll just say NO…use the supplied cord & buy a back-up battery.

THANK YOU FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION! I can’t locate anything so I will just wing-it and let you know if it works or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This response is less then helpful. Sorry but its a simple question but no one is hitting the wrong answer.

WALL ADAPTER!!!

IS A 2.4A WALL ADAPTER TOO MANY AMPS OR WILL IT WORK ALONG WITH ORANGE USB CHARGING CABLE TO CHARGE THE BATTERY WITHOUT BLOWING IT UP!!!

No one seemed to understand the simple question. Did it work out using a 2.4A?

I agree with you, this should be a simple answer, yes you can use a 2.4 amp charger or no you shouldn’t. I would like to know as well as my Doorbell 2 battery needs to be charged because the wired doorbell can’t keep it charged up with the cold weather.

Hi, I have just read this, using a power supply greater than the minimum required is perfectly fine. It won’t damage the battery.