Footage unavailable between motions?

Community Support is available by phone 3AM-11PM at 1-800-656-1918 when i called this number there is a pre recorded message saying we are awarer of certain app features not working and we are working to fix them…

I have loads of cameras and none of them work properly - I have the new chime pros they keep falling off my wifi - I spend my entire life setting up resetting I’m bored of it and would like the vast amounts of money I’ve spent on this crap repaid - Ring you are very welcome to have the hardware back!

Hi neighbors. Yesterday our Processing Infrastructure was running behind and causing delays. This was fixed quickly and all should be back to normal now. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused If you are noticing that this is still an issue for you, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Over the last few days all of my camera have stopped capturing snapshots. It didn’t happen all at once. First one, then another, then all. I have a Ring doorbell (battery), Ring Flood Cameras, Stickup, etc. Worked well until a couple of days ago.

Surprised to see so many people with the same issue. In addition to the footage unavailable, sometimes I get no notification and not motion/ring events… as though nothing has been detected.

I’ve rebooted my router, reinstalled the app, I’ve even split my 2.4 and 5 ghz Wi-Fi networks and connected the doorbell to each - does it on both. Signal is strong and no other device on my network drops like this. Sometime I connect for live video and I see the speaker and mic soft buttons go white as though it will connect, then nothing. This is a doorbell 3 plus on a 70 down 20 up internet line with solid WiFi reach to the doorbell. Only had it about 6 weeks or so but lots of issues. I recently persuaded my mum to buy one, so she did. I installed it for her last week and she gets the footage unavailable black segments in the timeline too. Video is always there on demand and it seems to not have missed any events yet. Video is often a bit jerky but I think that’s down to poor upload speeds (1mbps up).

I don’t think it’s the app because when I miss notifications and events there is no recording whatsoever. Even my Amazon Echo devices don’t get the event notifications. The doorbell sometimes just seems to no be properly connected even though you go into the app and it shows online.

I work in video security for a manufacturer and none of our cameras are wireless, and for good reason. It’s not always reliable. I don’t know what bitrates the ring 2 megapixel camera is streaming at, but some control over this would be good.

Anyway, I’ll keep an eye here but if these issues continue I may well ask Amazon for a replacement. It’s a lot of money to pay for sometime which works 90-95% of the time. I have missed a few events already, one day it will be something serious.

Yes it’s very frustrating and Ring products are expensive! We all need some help here. I am buying another home several hundred miles away and bought a Ring security system for it. Not sure if I can depend on it. If improvements are not made I may have to return it. Have not installed yet, it’s still in box.

I’m guesing this was never resolved, as I’m having the same issue now 10/2020 on 1 of my 3 cameras.

1 Like

On 2 out of 3 Ring products it is working. My Ring DoorbellII still has the problem. Support was very helpful although it was the normal reboot, hard reboot, reconnect etc. They are sending me a new doorbell. Suggest you contact support.

1 Like

had the same problem with my floodlight security, eventually it just started working properly. When I got close to the camera it would connect and work properly then when I would leave my garage it would stop working, it usually fixes itself but still aggravating regardless

Same issues here. Doorbell pro works with snapshot, one new stickup cam installed a week ago, worked with snapshots for a couple of days then missing snapshot video for the last couple of days. A further stuck up cam (all stick up cams ac powered, not battery) was working with snapshot for months, but today I unplugged power to reroute the cable, and since powered back on will.not record snapshots … same video missing error. This error is the same on the ring app on both Samsung Android phone and Ipad mini. Tried usual reinstalls, reboots with no joy.

Does anyone know if this is error is confirmed or acknowledged by Ring, and is there a fix yet?

Thanks

Tony.

Went thru troubleshooting with support which just repeats everything you tried. Finally sent me a new door bell free of charge past warranty date. Video and audio still lags in all my Ring cameras

I’m now having this same problem (this footage is unavailable) it happens mainly at night in the early hours

I just installed a Ring 3 plus for my parents and I am having this issue…so odd because we never had this issue w/ 2 Ring Pro and 1 Ring Floodlight devices…so weird

1 Like

December 21st and still getting “this footage is not available” for snapshot capture by cameras all the time, every.time. Inconsistently with doorbell. You’ve known it was an issue for several months now. Why offer this if you can’t support it?

I am having problems with my ring saying footage is unavailable. This happened suddenly since 29th Dec 2020. I have reinstalled the app and removed the front door device and reinstalled. I cannot even get a live view anymore. I have had this less than a year as a gift from my dad. I am disappointed as there is no support or fix for this online.

Same issue here. Bought the ring doorbell 3 and I have patches where it says unavailable between motions. This has hindered the reason with it being bought as our tyres got slashed on the car 2 nights ago. Defeats the purpose of security.

Really disappointed as I’ve just bought a second battery so we can keep it on maximum at all times due to ■■■■■ neighbours and I was considering buying more security cameras but I may need to rethink and look at other available devices elsewhere.

Exactly same issue with me. That’s disappointing because with me also snapshots were working but footage isn’t available for small timeslots randomly.

Why are we all having such difficulty with such expensive products? I have the same problem. I have an indoor cam that does not give me past footage. It says footage not available.

I recently purchased to Ring Camera’s they also have delays between the video footage. While I’m watching recorded video footage that was pre-recorded the night before and it switches over there is a total blank spot. Therefore I miss exactly what it is I was waiting to see happen. Ring you need to correct this problem. There’s no solution on the purchasers end it’s your problem. It’s you’re screwup on your video recordings. Fix it so it Records 24/7 thats what people are paying you for on the paid recording plan. FIX IT.

Please be aware that you will only be able to see footage in your timeline of videos that were recorded from motion, dings or snapshots (if this last feature is enabled). Other than those events, there may be some gaps in the timeline where the Ring device was not picking up anything and had nothing to record/report on.

If you are seeing a message that footage is unavailable, I recommend double checking that your Ring Protect Plan is on an active subscription, that your device is online, and capturing any motion in front of it (test yourself). In the event you need additional help troubleshooting, checking on your subscription or testing the device, please reach out to our support team here.

1 Like