Followed install procedure, but no functionality at all

I went through the installation procedure and everything worked perfectly; however, I get nothing from motion sensor, pushing the doorbell button (it does chime), or live view. I made sure that Ring Alerts and Motion Alerts are both on. Device Health shows a signal of -43db. Internet speed is 30x6mbps. When I select Live View I get a message about activivating device and then an error regarding streaming. None of the suggestions seem to apply.

Any ideas why I have no video?

Hey @hennesseystealth, are you able to view the Live View if you bring the Doorbell inside the home, and close to your router? If it’s still not picking up the Live View when close to the router, I recommend to reset your Doorbell by holding the setup button for 30 seconds. From there, test dings/live view to see if anything pops up for you!

Started working after pushing the door bell button. Did that yesterday and nothing happened. Today, just started working…24 hour firmware update?

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @hennesseystealth, are you able to view the Live View if you bring the Doorbell inside the home, and close to your router? If it’s still not picking up the Live View when close to the router, I recommend to reset your Doorbell by holding the setup button for 30 seconds. From there, test dings/live view to see if anything pops up for you!

I did all those things and deleted the device and started from scratch. It still wouldn’t do live view…then after coming back to it later I hit the door bell button and everything started working, even my Echo Show. Very strange.

1 Like