Feb 27 app update causes Video Doorbell 2 false motion notifications and recordings

Immediately after I updated Ring app on my android phone with the Feb 27 update, our video doorbell 2 has started triggereing false/phantom notifications and recordings. Up until this point, the doorbell 2 had not been giving any false/phantom notifications and recordings for the past 2+ years.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Strange things like phantom motion notifications and recordings with no motion every minute. I finally go that to stop by pulling out the battery. But now, about 50% of the time, doing something on the Ring app (e.g., live view; changing mode on alarm; going into settings for video doorbell 2) triggers a false doorbell 2 motion notification (on phone and through the chime) and records a video (with no motion).

It makes no sense at all, but yet it’s happening pretty consistently… There must be another aspect to the sequence of events that keep triggering the false motion notifications and video recording. However, I haven’t quite figured it out yet.

Anyone else experiencing similar weird issues with the Feb 27 android app updpate?

I just recently began having the same problem with my 2 yr old (?) Ring Video Doorbell. I’m not sure if it was triggered by an update, but now that you mention it . . .

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @meme! The first thing I recommend checking is for any linked devices you might have setup in the Ring app to trigger one another.

Please also ensure that each of these motions is recording a video, and that there is not a heat source in the area that might be constantly triggering your motion detection. If there is not a video tied to these persisting alerts, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: