Faceplate doesn't fit by Ring 3

Got a Ring 3 Plus about 6 weeks ago (Prime Days 2020). Despite my wrestling with it for much too long, neither faceplate fits properly. The right side goes on OK, but the left side never catches right.

I installed a 2nd Ring for my parents yesterday, and their faceplate went right on, but mine still does not. I even tried their extra faceplate on my Ring, and that doesn’t work either.

Any thoughts? (I’m also seeing very rapid battery drain… like a month on the first one, and less on the second one.)

Thank you.

This is an odd concern to hear of, @EvanM. The faceplates in the packaging with the Video Doorbell 3 are designed to fit the dimensions of your Doorbell model. As you mentioned trying both, there might be something going on with these faceplates, or the Doorbell. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

It is a weird concern. i think it may have to do with the way the wedge is mounted beneath it because the faceplate fit fine until I mounted it. (They sent me a new Ring and it had the same issue.) So when I get a chance in a few days, I am going to remove the wedge and remount it.

Thank you.