Extremely Bad Glare

My new Ring Wireless Video Doorbell has a terrible glare. Any suggestions on what I can do the alleviate the problem? A picture is attached.

Try enabling “HDR” under your settings.

Hi there,

Did you find the HDR setting made a difference? I’m having the same issue.

Andy

Well it did for me, my front door faces the west so every afternoon at some point the sun will be visible in my ring 2. All I can say is try it out and see for yourself.

Is HDR on all doorbells? I can’t find it.

Not sure actually. I have a ring 2 thats hard wired and it under video settings.

Not on my Pro doorbell. See video settings I attached.

Oh wow, well I don’t even know what to say. Not sure why it would available on the ring 2 and not the ring pro. I was actually gonna replace my ring 2 with a pro but if that option isn’t available then thats a deal breaker.

At least your pro has color night vision my doorbell to has no color night vision, Ring should put These features in all their products they cost enough money.

I have the same issue with a ring pro no fix yet

You can buy anti glare film for ring pro on eBay or Amazon to eliminate the glare . Worked for us ! Shame though for such an expensive doorbell (which we do love) would of thought such a large successful manufacturer would have something in the settings to eliminate this

See my comments below

See my response below

Hi there, neighbors! Depending on which model of Ring device you have, there is an HDR feature available that may help in some environments. Most importantly, with a Video Doorbell, you want to capture the immediate entryway primarily. Check out our help center article about HDR to see which Ring devices has this feature available.

For entryway areas that are enclosed or too bright, adding one of our outdoor Ring Cameras elsewhere on your home is a great way to cover more area!

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

Hi Tim
Were u ever able to resolve this problem.?
I have the same issue and havent found a solution.