Duplicate chimes and phone notifications

Recently, I started receiving duplicate chimes and duplicate notifications on our phones. I have two ring chimes, one chime pro. When someone rings or motion is detected, it’s a cacophony of chimes or rings, since everything goes off twice. Any ideas what to do?

1 Like

Hey @David30084. Could you try resetting the Doorbell and reconnecting it to see if this helps? For the reset, press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds. After this is done, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health and tap on Change or Reconnect to Wifi. From here, it’ll take you through another setup of your device. After this is done, monitor the device or even test it by dinging your Doorbell to see if the doubled up notifications continue to come through. In the event that they may still do this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Has this been resolved yet? I am getting duplicate notifications since I updated to IOS 14.1

3 Likes

Having the same issue. Did you find a fix?

2 Likes

Same issue, only just installed it today. Any update on this?

1 Like

Having the same issue here. Getting annoying!!

1 Like

I am having the same issue with my doorcam. A solution would be greatly appreciated as it is surprisingly annoying. Did the Cam Reset help?

1 Like

Hi neighbors! This should not be happening unless you are using a smart watch or Rich notifications. As described in our Community post about Rich Text Notifications, if you have a smart watch, such as an Apple Watch, with your Ring app connected to it, these notifications may show as multiple alerts for the same event and may include Rich Notification snapshots.

Another culprit for multiple notifications is device linking and integrations. Please check your Ring device settings in the Ring app to confirm they are not linked with other Ring devices or, perhaps, using an integration that might be extending your notifications. Otherwise, this should not be happening, and I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app to see if this resolves the concern.

If this concern is persisting, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi @Marley_Ring, I have Rich Text Notifications enabled, but getting alerts in triplicate, meaning 3x rich/image notifications + 3x standard movement notifications. This occurs across outdoor cameras as well as the doorbell. any ideas?

1 Like

This has become super annoying. Is a fix in the works? It is making me want to mute notifications which is counter productive.

1 Like

Got the same issue. I get a motion notification and a rich notification with an image. I only want one rich notification

3 Likes

Is there any fix yet???

3 Likes

Same issue it’s driving me crazy!!! There needs to be a fix I really don’t want to have reboot to MAYBE fix the issue!! Please fix!!!

3 Likes

Same!!! SOOOO annoying. Called Ring today and she had me change a couple settings. Still happening!!! It’s bad enough going off once but twice on the phone really gets two darks barking. I’m over it!!! Any solution here since when I called didn’t do the trick??? Thanks all.
OH and removing the doorbell IS NOT EASY!!! No one wants to do that. IJS.

2 Likes

Ditto…I get a motion notification AND a rich notification with an image. I only want one rich notification. (I do not own a smart watch.) Any help?

1 Like

I am having the same issues. It looks like this company does not care enough to fix the problem so maybe we should all go to their best competitor. This has gone on way too long and I’m sick of it. I also will be wanting all three of my ring doorbell pros reimbursed. Anyone else?

Pulling the battery sometimes works, but never for long. It’s also doorbell specific, my two Stick Up Cams don’t have this issue, but the Ring 2 sends multiple notifications to both my iPad and iPhone. Rich notifications are now turned off, and I only have a Chime linked to the doorbell for doorbells rings, not for motion.

So to follow up I installed the Ring Rapid app when I read about it and ceased notifications on the Ring app (although it’s still installed). Guess what happened as soon as it saw motion? Four notifications in quick succession to the Ring Rapid app, newly installed. This is almost certainly an issue with the Ring Doorbell itself as this is the common factor.
I have never had multiple notifications from either stick up cam. I have had multiple notifications to two separate Ring apps on my iPhone. I get multiple notifications to both my iPhone and iPad.
Your engineers need to look at what the firmware on the Ring device itself is doing.

This continues to happen. I dont have time to sit on hold and wait for you all to answer the phone. You all need to get an update and get this fixed. I have to silence my notifications because my cameras and doorbells keep getting ringing my phone so much at work. Come on!

2 Likes

Hallo I’m getting duplicate chimes since changing batteries