cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbells Feature Request

Highlighted
Neighbor II

Re: Doorbells Feature Request

If you have a Android phone, there was a new update this morning. Doesn't say what it does but fix bugs. Hopefully the app helps all around.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Announcements

Makes a lot of sense. There is too much delay trying to connect live..

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Announcements

This seems obvious.  It can take a while to connect to live view. You would have thought Ring could have figured it out. Great point on your post...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

How about an feature where if there is no internet connection but the home network is available the products still work via LAN?

If my internet connection goes down due to provider issues, my Doorbell no longer rings to the Chime nor my phone.  The home network is still funcitoning and the devices can still talk to eachother, but nothing works.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

There is to some effect but its only on the Elite, that works using poe, no other db can or will i wouldnt have thought, it would be to expensive like the Elite

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello!

I would like to be able to have the option of the app automatically open and show the live view when then doorbell button is pressed.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It already does, go to ring settings/device settings, notification settings, notification preferences, and turn on IN-App Notifications

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Bashy, thanks for the response. Not sure why it isn't available for any DB given they all connect to the network in order to get to the web. So it should not be too difficult to make them talk together over LAN/WiFi when internet is down but local network is available.

Chime and Chime Pro, minimally, should be able to interact with other ring products over local network as there is no driving reason for cloud access with those products.

Ring products are expensive bricks when there is no internet, which is problematic and unnecessary.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Refresh on the events history screen.

When I'm on the event history screen after I hear a motion chime, I know that I'm going to get a video in a minute or two,  so I want to be able to refresh the screen (other apps have you swipe down to refresh) rather than exit the screen and go back.  Very clunky as it is, and this is kind of basic interface stuff.  thanks!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring doorbell video date and time

Hi ring

I would like to see the date and time in the video while your watching it instead of going back to the dashboard to see it from George thanks